What Tests Do I Need to Take?

The table below provides a general summary of the assessment requirements for individuals seeking certification in Oklahoma, including the Oklahoma General Education Test (OGET). For information about specific Oklahoma Professional Teaching Examination (OPTE) and Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT) requirements, refer to the "OPTE and OSAT Certification Requirements" section below. If you are not sure what tests you need to take, contact your academic advisor, the certification officer at your institution, or the OEQA. Evaluation Systems is not authorized to answer questions regarding tests required for certification. Completing the wrong tests will delay your certification.

Type of Certification Testing Requirement
Initial license/certification OGET, OPTE, OSAT
Additional certification areas/endorsements OSAT (Administrator, advanced subject areas, Elementary Education, Early Childhood, and Special Education have program requirements in addition to testing.)
Alternative Placement Programs and Troops to Teachers certification OGET, OPTE, OSAT
Four-Year-Olds and Younger Certificate OGET, OSAT Early Childhood Education
Career Development Program for Paraprofessionals to be Certified Teachers OGET, OPTE, OSAT
Paraprofessional Title I Credential OGET

Out-of-State Applicants

Individuals seeking Oklahoma certification who are certified outside of Oklahoma should contact the Oklahoma State Department of Education, (405) 521-3337, for information regarding testing requirements.

OPTE and OSAT Certification Requirements

Please note that successful completion of appropriate assessment requirements does NOT equal certification. For certification requirements and application forms, contact the Oklahoma State Department of Education. It is the candidate's responsibility to initiate the process of applying for a license or certificate of any type. Candidates must apply for certification with the Oklahoma State Department of Education. The OEQA will provide verification of assessments taken.